Natural hide rugs are unprocessed and last for a long period. They outlast fiber materials like cotton and other plant based rugs. Natural hide is leather that has not been processed. These rugs are water resistant and easy to clean.
They do have the natural scent of the animal from which they have been designed. These are the types of rugs that do not go through the wear and tear like the ones made from other materials. In few rugs, the tanning material used is organic. You will not experience allergens if your skin is sensitive, when you use natural hide rugs.
Many benefits of using natural hide rugs
- They are soft, easy to clean, and durable.
- They can be used for drapes and other decorative items.
- Natural hide rugs do not get damp in any kind of climatic changes.
- They are easy to clean even if they get wrinkled overtime.
- The dirt and grime on the rug can be cleaned using foam cleaner.
- You do not require special maintenance for these rugs.
- For daily cleaning, you don’t have to shake and dust the rug to keep it clean.
Removing stain and stench on the rugs
Rugs, if stained with wine can leave a bad alcoholic odor. However, they can be cleaned easily using mild detergents. Light scrubbing and vacuum cleaning is enough to clean natural cowhide rugs. If your rug still smells, sprinkle dry powder having good fragrance evenly across, this may help.